The Stilt House was built in the 1970's. It stands high over the Ohio River on steel piers designed by the Army Corp of Engineers. It is wrapped with a deck and has two large bedrooms, wood floors, a spacious great room with fireplace and a kitchen. It is 1169 square feet and also has a large two car garage. (The garage has had water come in when the field has been flooded with no damage to the house.) It has been extensively restored inside and the exterior has been completely renovated and painted. The roof is new.
This house is a converted barn built in the 1950s. It has a great room, deck, kitchen, bedroom and full bath on the first floor. The second floor has two bedrooms and a bath. The basement has a laundry, spacious storage and an overhead door for vehicle access. The roof is new and the exterior has been totally renovated and painted.
This house is 1417 square feet and was log built around 1970. It has a master, bathroom, kitchen, fireplace and large great room on the first floor. The newly restored deck looks out over the river. Upstairs are two bedrooms and a bath. The basement has ample storage, a full bath, laundry, fireplace, and has been used as an additional bedroom. It has a detached large two car garage with a new roof.
This building was purchase for $1 and moved by Henry F. Wallace in the 1980's across US-42 to its current resting place. It was the old Prospect General Store and sat where the Five Star Gas Station is currently on US-42. It was converted to three apartments. It is 3850 square feet and has three units. Two of them are two bedrooms and two bath, and the other is a one bedroom, one bath.The apartments are on city water.
This house was built in the early 1960’s. It is 2142 square feet, has two huge bedrooms and a bath upstairs, two bedrooms and a bath downstairs. It also has a great room accented with refinished wood trim, wood floors, and shelving with a huge fireplace. The basement has ample storage, laundry and an attached garage. The river side windows in this house were replaced in 2013. It has been re-insulated throughout and the roof is new on most of the house.
This house is referred to as the “German House”, as it was built during the war when there was a moratorium on building. The legend is that it was built inside of an existing house, and finished after the war when the old exterior could be peeled away. It is 4461 square feet and finished around 1950. It has spectacular millwork, with hand hewn doors, trim and casing. The first floor has a huge great room with a bar, dining room, kitchen, bedroom, full bath and half bath, porch, and breezeway to the two car garage. The upstairs has its own entrance, as well as stairs from the first floor, and has three bedrooms, a kitchen, two baths and a living room. The river side has mostly new windows, it has a new roof and has been re-insulated with vapor barrier in the basement.
This house is a converted barn which was built in the early 1950's. It is 2107 square feet and has two bedrooms and a bath downstairs, as well as a huge great room looking out over the Ohio River, wood floors and kitchen. Upstairs has a large bedroom and bath. The basement has ample storage, laundry, workshop and overhead door so it can be used to park in. The exterior has recently been totally renovated and painted. The roof is new.
There are also three large sheds adjacent to 8004. All were built in 1980.
This house was built around 1970 and is 2044 square feet. It has three bedrooms and a bath upstairs. On the first floor is the master, a half bath, large great room, laundry, kitchen, fireplace and attached two car garage. The basement is extensive and is finished. The interior has been entirely painted. The roof is new.
This house was built in the 1930’s and is two stories with two bedrooms and one bath. It is 1572 square feet and has three outbuildings and a pond.